Our client is a young and dynamic Belgian ‘scale-up’ that was founded by a team of seasoned entrepreneurs in 2014 in order to address the need from multiple markets for various location-aware indoor applications.
As right hand of the CEO, the COO will be developing, managing and optimising the entire operation of the company, thereby bringing structure, optimising processes, recruiting and managing people… The COO thus takes ownership of the daily running of the organisation, makes sure that internal operations are running smoothly so that the CEO can focus on financial follow-up and external development (sales, marketing, partners…) The main goal of the COO is to prepare the organisation for sustainable growth for the years to come.
- Master degree in Business Administration or equivalent through experience;
- At least 7-10 years of experience in an operations role, of which 2-3 years as operations manager;
- Has worked within an SME context;
- Work experience in the ICT sector is a strong asset, experience with IoT is a clear advantage;
- Mother tongue Dutch with a very good professional knowledge of English, knowledge of French is an advantage;
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel).
This position offers the right candidate career perspectives and opportunities to grow with the organisation, as well as attractive salary conditions with the possibility for stock options. The COO reports to the CEO and will mainly work from both company locations, the headquarters in Hasselt and the R&D office in Herent (near Leuven) whilst occasionally visiting the company's Belgian HQ branches abroad.