Our client is a telecom and ICT services provider for the Region of Brussels. As a result of a private-public partnership (PPP) the company develops, delivers and manages services and regional projects for all its customers among whom: Brussels’s municipalities, hospitals, police and emergency services, Actiris, STIB, Bruxelles formation, Bruxelles environnement...
Since it’s their ambition to enable a Smart Region ecosystem, their Products & Services portfolio is currently growing as per customers’ needs. Much focus has been put on promoting new solutions/value-added services such as Videoprotection (CCTV), Videoconference, Global Guest solution, Cloud and Cyber Security.
The Account & Business Development Manager will take over an existing customer portfolio around 30 existing customer accounts (mainly municipalities, 1-2 institutions) in the Brussels region, and be responsible for managing and developing these accounts in alignment with our client’s ambitions. He/she will represent our client in a professional manner in order to build and manage relationships with both the business and technical/ICT departments, and this at all levels within the customer organisation. Through these relationships he/she will be able to understand the overall ICT and business requirements at these accounts, spot opportunities, translate these into viable solutions and offerings, negotiate contracts, close deals and do their follow-up.
The sales opportunity is high as there is a greenfield and strong USP’s for these new services, hence the importance to have an Account & Business Development Manager with a business development focus for this function.
- At least 10 years successful track record in B2B sales in ICT, preferably with public sector accounts.
- Passion for technology with good understanding of Telecom and Networking solutions, at ease with technical topics.
- Experience with Sales methodologies such as Annual Development Plan, White Space Analysis, pipeline management….
- Knowledge of the Brussels Region is a plus.
- Fluent in French and Dutch with good knowledge of English.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Windows Office suite (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel).
For the right candidate this position offers attractive financial conditions as well as the opportunity to grow and develop within an organization that’s ideal for those who are into technology and driven to achieve. The Account & Business Development Manager reports to the Commercial Manager and will work from the company’s Brussels office whilst visiting clients 60% of the time.