Audit, Control, Fraud & Risk Management is a separate department that reports functionally to the Audit Committee (members of the Board of Directors,) whilst formally reporting to the CEO. This team interacts with managers from the various divisions and business units (both line management and staff) from within the Belgian organisation. The Audit Mission Manager is a key member of this department.
The Audit Mission Manager will be the internal audit face by continuously evaluating results and performance of the risk management activities and making sure they help meeting the company's strategic objectives. He/she will be responsible for the planning, execution, management, reporting and follow-up of audit missions & advisory under a co-sourcing model and according to the highest professional standards and corporate governance models, and will assist with engagements related to internal control testing.
This function provides for lots of diversity, project management and contacts with different departments within the Belgian organization.
- University degree in analytical studies such as economics, commercial engineering, computer sciences, internal audit,….
- Professional certifications are an asset;
- At least 5-6 years of relevant experience in an audit team, of which minimum 3 years of internal audit within a large and complex organization;
- Strong financial background and at ease in performing analyses in Excel;
- Certification in internal auditing is a plus;
- Worked with advanced internal control standards, techniques and processes, and (IS) internal control frameworks;
- Knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley Act and related domains, Corporate Governance and Company law, including specific laws and regulations applicable to listed companies;
- Good general IT literacy and affinity with ICT;
- Very good knowledge of (spoken) French, (written) English and (spoken) Dutch;
- Must provide a ‘character reference’ (certificat de bonne vie et moeurs/ bewijs van goed gedrag en zeden).
For the right candidate the position offers excellent career opportunities, as well as attractive financial conditions. The Audit Mission Manager is a position at middle management level, formally reports to the Head of Department with dotted line to the Internal Control & Audit Program Manager, and will work from the office in Brussels.